Hitter next to Cincinnati Reds
Called up from Triple A Louisville on sunday, Hayes made his big league debut for the Cincinnati Reds in the seventh inning the actual Chicago Cubs just as fans around baseball were turning their eyes to Jake Arrieta’s quest to throw his second no hitter. Hayes’ long road to the majors included six plus seasons in the minor leagues and 274 shows, 51 because of the Dayton Dragons in 2011.
Hayes, A 28 year old tn native, Got the first player he faced, Steve Ross, To ground out and saved the ball as a gift. He’d like to forget other inning. After creating a walk, A single and an additional walk, He quit a grand slam to Kris Bryant.
The Cubs added three more runs in the ninth entirely contrary to Blake Wood, And Arrieta finished a 16 0 no hitter in the foot of the inning.
"It being that variety of game, It does add to how specific it is, Hayes claimed. "It enhances the memory of it. It adds to being a pretty decent story I can tell my grandkids one day,
The debut by Hayes are you footnote to Arrieta’s gem. Here are 16 more fun looking at the game:
1. It was the most lopsided no hitter since Aug. 4, 1884, When the Buffalo Bison’s Pud Galvin threw an 18 0 no hitter from the Detroit Wolverines.
2. The Cubs improved to 4 0 the particular Reds this season with a 38 6 scoring advantage.
3. The Cubs took over as first team to hit five home runs in a no hitter.
4. The Reds’ ability of 7,109 basic season games with a hit ended. The longest active streak in baseball now is one of the Oakland A’s(3,913).
5. The Reds recorded one hit in a regular season game 33 times regarding the Philadelphia Phillies’ Rick Wise’s no hitter at Riverfront Stadium on June 23, 1971, And thurs,
6. Three players who started Thursday were also in the lineup in 2010 when the Phillies’ Roy Halladay no hit the Reds in the nation’s League Division Series: Brandon Phillips, The author Bruce and Joey Votto.
7. Arrieta is the third Cub to throw two no batters, Connecting to Larry Corcoran and Ken Holtzman.
8. Arrieta became the eighth pitcher to throw no hitters in sequential seasons.
9. Arrieta’s first no hitter came 10 gets started before this one on Aug. 30, 2015, Against the Dodgers in l. a. Beneficial side. third shortest gap between no hitters. Johnny Vander Meer threw continual no hitters for the Reds in 1938, And Warren Spahn had five starts between no hitters in 1960 and 1961 for the the usa Braves.
10. Arrieta become a member Sandy Koufax(1964), Robert Gibson(1971) While Clayton Kershaw(2014) As pitchers who have thrown a no hitter one year later winning the Cy Young Award.
11. Arrieta became the second pitcher in baseball history to throw a no hitter on the streets in consecutive seasons. David Busby, Of the kansas Royals, Threw no hitters in 1973 at Detroit and 1974 at the usa.
12. The Cubs have won the last 17 games Arrieta has begun.
13. Arrieta has won his last 14 road procedures. Only two others do that since 1994(Greg Maddux in addition to the Johan Santana).
14. Arrieta was crowned first pitcher since Bob Gibson in 1967 68 to record 24 straight quality starts(The minimum of six innings, Three performs or less).
15. This was the first no hitter thrown by a entering pitcher at Great American Ball Park. Homer Bailey threw the first no batter on July 2, 2013, Against the frisco Giants.
If you do not receive the verification message within seconds of signing up, Booking your Spam or Junk folder.